Over the past 15+ years, Deepak has acquired extensive experience in combining the ability to think strategically and build strong relationships with extensive technical expertise to deliver end-to-end solutions, drive continuous improvement in systems, and turn around failing/at-risk initiatives.
At MUFG UnionBank he has:
– Driven the Transformation office’s multi-year transformation initiative to develop a new strategic data platform as well as a data governance and control framework to support the BSBC 239 requirement.
– Developed a $20M new data platform to ingest data from 70+ on-premise sources to AWS, aggregate data into a data lake, and publish aggregated data to canonical forms for data warehouses, data marts, and reporting platforms.
– Led a cloud transformation assessment (performed by KPMG) for a ~$60M, three-phase project to transition users of 38 legacy on-premise data warehouses to a single cloud-based platform by Q2 FY25.
– Decommissioned five data warehouses in Phase One of the cloud transformation project and moved the consumers to the new platform, generating $2M in annual savings on cost of ownership.
– Served as Commercial Lending SME for an enterprise core model development project, defining wholesale products for the conceptual model and mapping the core conceptual and logical model with a BIM built by EY.